2010/07/02

Day 1: arrival and meetup with Jonas

I arrived to Kansai airport and got pretty fast through all the checks and got my luggage. Then I headed over to Noda station first and trie to call to my landlord so I could get keys to the apartment. Well it turned out the apartment would be ready by 14:00 and the time was 11:30 currently so I headed over to Osaka station and tried to look for a coin locker. Of course all the big lockers were already reserved so I travelled farther to Shin-Osaka but couldn't find any lockers there. So I just went and sat down to one of the sofas in the lobby aread there and waited for time to pass. By this time I was getting worried about my fellow travellers because I hadn't heard anything from em and their mobile phones were turned off. Well when I went back to Noda they were already waiting for me there and their told me their mobile phones aren't working here in Japan. And I heard some bad news for starters; they had lost their JR passes somewhere in China and one of the three travellers have had stomach pains for 4 days so we had to look for a doctor.
We met our landlord Masa and headed to our apartment. The apartment is really small for us 4 but otherwise clean and in a good place. Masa tried to look for an english speaking doctor but we couldn't find one so we decided we're gonna go to a Japanese speaking doctor the next day with Hiro acting as a translator there. We hanged around a bit in our apartment and I went to shower, and around 17:30 it was time to head over to Osaka/Umeda to meet Jonas.
I arrived to Osaka station's Central north exit and there I met Jonas, we were about to head over to an arcade for some rhythm game action. Turns out Jonas had a poor sense of direction and we ended up wandering around Umeda for some time before we finally found Loft department store and next to it was the arcade. I played some beatmaniaIIDX, pop'n music and taiko no tatsujin and I pretty much sucked in all of em like usually on the first days of arrival. After arcade we went to a cafe and from there to Loft mall. On the 5th floor of Loft there was all kinda crazy character/party goods and we had a fun time browsing through all the weird stuff there. Then after that we went to meet Jonas'es girlfriend Minami and all 3 of us went to eat some okonomiyaki, Minami knew a famous okonomiyaki place near Osaka station. The okonomiyaki there was heavenly good, one of the best I've had! After eating okonomiyaki it was time to head back over to our apartment to get some sleep.
Today we're meeting with Hiro and Antti and we are going to Namba to browse around and some drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment