2010/05/08

A new beginning 新しい旅

So a lot of things have happened since my last trip to Japan, mainly the surgery operation because of my spinal disc herniation and all the rehabilitation that's been related to it. But on a positive note I just ordered a flight ticket to Japan and this marks the start of a new journey!
This time there is gonna be 3 fellow Finns from my hometown Oulu travelling along with me: Joni, his girlfriend Jenni and Kake. They are spending whole June in China from where they will travel by a ferry from Shangai to Osaka. My flight arrives to Osaka's Kansai International airport on the 1st of July at 08:55 and my flight back to Finland departs from Tokyo Narita airport on the 27th of July at 12:00. We've ordered a 7 day Japan Rail Pass between 8th-14th of July and our travel plan is as follows:
- Osaka 1st-7th July
- Kyoto 8th-9th July
- Hiroshima 10th July
- Kyuushu (Beppu and/or Fukuoka) 11th-13th July
- Tokyo 14th-27th July

This time my aim is to see other parts of Japan too besides Tokyo which include Kyoto's most famous sightseeing spots, Hiroshima's peace memorial park and the famous atom bomb museum. Also I'm really looking forward to experincing the beaches of Japan, lots of different onsens and at least one 'traditional summer festival' (夏祭り).
Originally I was planning for stay all the way till around 17th-19th August because of the coming Comic Market 78 (in August 13-15th). But since I didn't have enough funds for it, I settled for the same time as my friends are staying in Japan. Even then I have 3½ weeks to make the summer of 2010 one of the most memorable ever!

1 comment:

  1. Have a nice trip and be sure to keep us informed of your activities!

    ReplyDelete